AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cows in the corn, what next - pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/22/2016 07:39 (#5369075 - in reply to #5369047)
Subject: RE: Cows in the corn, what next - pics

southern MN
I'm a bit confused too, if in the first place you say expenses don't matter, then you can't collect on the insurance cost - that is an expense and you said they don't matter.....you are asking to collect on the gross income, so you need to be consistent and stick to that side of the ledger then. No double dipping.

As well, if you are not applying half the N, then you need to reduce your claim by that much. And this is how the insurance co needs to see your expenses on that field, so they can determine if it really is a 200bu field. If you have not done all the same inputs, you can't expect the same yield. There needs to be an adjustment on that.

Also, if you zero the field, you need to deduct harvest expenses from your claim. Zero yield, no combine, trucking, etc costs.

This is a pain in the rump, and fresh on you, I understand where you are looking out for yourself.
With a little sleep, and thought, I think you will get there. A few of your first thoughts are sort of double dipping tho.

Some of that corn did not have the growing point clipped off, and will recover it would look like? Certainly dinged bad, but that 100bu might be out there.......

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)