AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn ear size determination and growth stage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/20/2016 22:07 (#5366779 - in reply to #5366713)
Subject: RE: Corn ear size determination and growth stage

Morris, IL
How dry are you and where about C IL if you don't mind me asking. Our area has had pretty timely rains this year with what looks like pretty good crop coming. I'd take another rain now, but we are not dry yet, 90 degrees today and corn wasn't really even rolling a bit. Have some stand issues but not terrible. In 14' we had worse stand but right now crop was looking good. Then wind came along June 30 or so and i harvested an average crop of this on every acre. We've never hit the homerun last 10 years but we've had average crops for long time now, i'm looking for something better. Even if you determine small ear my opinion is corn will flex more then you would image it could and average out, at least that has been my experience. Have combined 32k stands of 16x30 at 225+ bushel field averages. Have seen areas of 300 on the monitor and know i only dropped 32k, so you can't tell me crop will be poor due to poor ear set. Maybe could have been 230 with better conditions early but it's not end of the world like is talked about.

(IMG_1141.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1141.JPG (203KB - 50 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)