AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dear low management neighbor,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/19/2016 21:17 (#5364826 - in reply to #5363963)
Subject: RE: Dear low management neighbor,

Morris, IL
Does anyone else have trouble with problem weeds washing into your farms via creeks jumping out of banks? Seems last two years after post spraying beans i've had to walk creeks or let problem weeds go to seed. Seems those are our only problems areas or are 99% of them, we are 5 miles from the illinois river and basically have a creek across every farm, just about. I sprayed quart of powermax post on beans, corn seems to canopy faster. 30" soybeans are part of the problem. Maybe we need to be thinking os something like flex star or something, not really familiar with options post in beans anymore.

For the most part don't have lot of problems with neighbors having weedy fields, i think the coop has helped push pre's on beans here. Few years ago few guys were still not using a pre on corn or beans, burn down on beans and tillage on corn and RU post, those guys are now using pre on both crops and i think coop who does there spraying pushed that but i can't say for sure.

Jim, these guys you speak of, are they coop customers or have a pull type sprayer or what is the deal on that front?

Edited by NEILFarmer 6/19/2016 21:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)