AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dear organic neighbor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mark in WCIowa
Posted 6/19/2016 12:00 (#5363875 - in reply to #5363838)
Subject: RE: Dear organic neighbor

Scranton
I don't think you guys really know what you are talking about. There are four or five of us organic growers in our county, and EVERY one does a pretty good job with weed control. I liken mine to what crops looked like before roundup ready came out...yeah, there are a few weeds out there, but not enough to affect much yield. I think some of you have forgotten when farming was actual work. Now its plant, call the coop, harvest. Good for you I guess.

As far as trucking eating up the profits...my buyers all pick it up in the bid...and the bids have been good. Have yet to sell a bushel below double digits in the last four years or so...and outside of 2013's flood through july 4, then no rain till September, out yields have been above 130 for corn every year...last year had a field do 238. You do the math.

I'll take some pics this afternoon of organic corn and post them later...I guess I'm a bit defensive being grouped in with a handful of poor farmers from around the country....I could cherry pick some conventional farmers that are below the curve and include all of you in that group as well...does that sound fair?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)