AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marestail in beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

honest abe
Posted 6/18/2016 14:28 (#5362448 - in reply to #5362371)
Subject: RE: Marestail in beans

midwest
after a couple cycles of beans the marestail pressure really drops off. I guess if you don't believe me or don't want to so be it. but... do yourself a favor, take your worst field that you know that has a marestail issue going to beans and try it. run 5-5.5 oz. not cut rate! the only cussing you will do is that you did not do more. let me know round this time of 17 what you think.

corn no till : put pre down in early april, just got to get them fried before the start to shoot up. and in 18 you will see on that field how many less of them there is.

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all but I had them bad too and I was told to try doing things different. when you spray on heavy corn residue, you think "what the heck are we doing wasting money" come spring its like sygon out there. there are some weeds that xl is weak on, sunflowers can get rather large by post, and if you got weeds that are usually associated with cow lots you would want to use something more or different.

if you get close to Lincoln Nebraska in the near future I will give you a tour, also have a close friend that did half each way. and we just talked about it couple days ago, thinks marestail just burned down isn't going to die and being its dinged he doesn't think liberty will finish it off (liberty beans)

and yes a couple may live, but its all about weed management. weeds were here when I was a kid and weeds are still here. its mother natures way of covering and protecting herself. the more advanced we are the more advanced weeds will become. I rarely seen a waterhemp in the 70's, all cockle burr and velvetleaf and shattercane. Now the big fight it staying on top of henbit, waterhemp, and marestail here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)