AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn stalk bales
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 6/18/2016 13:11 (#5362349 - in reply to #5362180)
Subject: RE: Corn stalk bales

western iowa,by Denison
nothing I guess Crete-I had a good friend that lost a bunch of acres-we normally help each other bale-we talked about this same thing-He would have gave me about 1,000 bales free and helped me haul them and bale-I said do you really want to do that-He said no-He was not going to part under those terms-I see it happen time to time-the bad part in my eye's is you make it easier for the next guy not to have to deal with the stalks-but we bale about every acre so it would not be any different then are normal procedure-The best one I ever saw-was a guy who got taken advantage of renting a farm for 20+ years and a higher bid snapped it away from him-He had picked up about 30 ton of rocks-he returned them back to where he found most of them-with his loader tractor-scattered just like he found them

My friend that lost the farm also returned all the manure that His landlord and himself had produced-we did a good job of covering the acres and not being butthead's-I guess takin the high road is a better option

As far as Crete saying compaction, fertility and organic matter removal-I would argue that we have always hauled more manure back then we have removed and have noticed the ground is more forgiving with the amount of manure we haul on those acres.

To the original poster-Take the high road-grabbing those bales might look like your spitting in the eye of the landlord-doesn't prove anything down the road to any future landlord's
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)