AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterhemp vs 12 oz cobra + 6 oz resource
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nekfarmer
Posted 6/17/2016 20:52 (#5361290 - in reply to #5361107)
Subject: RE: Waterhemp vs 12 oz cobra + 6 oz resource

NE KS
Prevention prevention PREVENTION. Best luck I've had is spraying early spring with banviel, 2-4d and dual. Then a week before planting hit it with another round of 2-4d and a longer last residual like authority. The plan is then to come back with maybe a prefix, or cobra type chemical with added dual before many weed emerge.

It's hard to make people understand the extra spraying and have an even harder time convincing my dad (a round up abuser). I went ahead and did some of his fields "my way" and they are clean as a field could be. The fields I didn't do, well it was and expensive mix of sharpen, 2-4d, first rate, mso, and RU and now I have marestail that have shot a green head out of the top, and the larger pigweeds still have some green tint to them. After we got done planting about a week ago he said "well, maybe the two spraying is what we need". Its very hard to admit when he is wrong, and that's about as close as he's ever gotten.

Its not bad when you own your own sprayer, it will more than pay for itself spraying preplant twice, its the guys who pay for a spraying that is a battle. Its still even money though, and you will have a cleaner field. Plus I love spraying all I can with floaters on!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)