AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hay whores
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

roo
Posted 6/17/2016 19:17 (#5361123)
Subject: Hay whores

Cullom, Illinois
Latest trend in my area has me laughing to myself. It started about three years ago. Used to be if you didn't mow your roadsides three times a year before each summer holiday, you were shunned. Then as we all started farming more acres, that went down to when you could get to it. The latest trend in roadside maintence is for the local horse jockeys to compete for every blade of free over mature brome grass they can find. Each one has spent thousands on hay making equipment. Discbines, autostackers, accumulaters, 300' hay barns, money is no object. Bales average about thirty pounds and I'm sure are sold for top dollar at every horse show. Beer can and broke bottles bring extra. Trouble is with who gets what roadside. Landlords are treated as long lost friends. Winter calls are made in hopes of locking up the roadside rights before the next sundowner gets a chance. Feelings get hurt, no more friendly waves in passing, church pew seating is changed to not be to close to the "enemy". All this for half gravel thistle filled idiot cubes. When an old timer in my area referred to them as "hay whores", I just lost it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)