AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making pivot boundary for Insight and Tru-Count clutches for planting season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/15/2008 20:54 (#535754 - in reply to #535517)
Subject: Re: Making pivot boundary for Insight and Tru-Count clutches for planting season

Thanks Tom. I downloaded the demo version (I think it's a demo?) of the HGIS software and am messing with it a little. I am a little confused by their website. I'm assuming maybe you have to call and pay something to get the full version to work...if I would have to buy SMS or something like it anyways, would SMS do what I want without the additional step of starpal?

I'm also trying to figure out how I would determine the exact center coordinates of the center pivot. I feel that for what I'm trying to do it's probably important to measure it fairly precisely so sitting beside the center pivot point frame would only be 6 feet off but that's probably more than what would work. Can you edit where that point is in some of these software programs? Like say I sit on the south side of it, can I use the program to say that the coordinates I got from the RTK unit are actually 3 feet north of where I was sitting? The reason I ask is because our RTK unit that I'll be using to take these coordinates isn't exactly something I would be able to walk around with. I'm going to have to do some stuff to protect it as I'm using it on our four wheeler to make these boundaries. The RTK console will be feeding information to the Insight (which will also be mounted on the four wheeler during this phase) to create the boundaries or at least enable me to write down coordinate information of certain things or measure distances to the end of the pivot (and verify that against the pivot information we have in our files).

Anyways, I've wondered if I can just drive a 10 foot diameter circle around the center pivot point and somehow determine the center coordinates of the pivot off of that. Thanks again for the link and I'll keep reading through it to see what I can do with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)