AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's wrong with my corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mosoildoc
Posted 6/13/2016 10:43 (#5352360 - in reply to #5352257)
Subject: RE: What's wrong with my corn?

Central Florida
"If the deficiency is mild and is corrected before growing point differentiation (21 to 30 days after emergence) by either the root growing into higher sulfur concentrations or through remedial action, then there will be little or no effect on yield. However, If the deficiency is moderate to severe and lasts beyond 21 days after emergence there could be significant effects on yield. Generally, for each day that sulfur is deficient past the first 21 days after emergence there is a loss of 1 to 2 bushels per acre to the point that total crop failure could be experienced. Certainly, if sulfur is deficient at silking, yields could be reduced by up to 75%. Therefore, it is critical that these early deficiency symptoms be rectified quickly by applying sulfur. The good news is that sulfur is readily taken up by the plant and that plants will respond quickly to applied sulfur."
I found this on a website a while ago. Sulfur deficiency is showing up more often now that we have reduced it from coal burning power plants. I saw these plants a couple years ago.

Edited by Mosoildoc 6/13/2016 10:49

(P1070599.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1070599.JPG (199KB - 43 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)