AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poor corn germ question with pics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

minn gopher
Posted 6/12/2016 16:24 (#5350783)
Subject: Poor corn germ question with pics.

Pine City, MN
We got nailed this year with 2 different variety's with poor germ. Dekalb 43-29. And Legend 90-90. All the photos are of the legend and a good 92-37 dekalb. Side by side. In 2013 we got a real poor germ mycogen BMR seed. They compensated us pretty good for that.

My question is how often does a similar issue happen to others and how do seed companies compensate ??

Little back story on this year issues. We shouldnt of planted either had dekalb got us the seed they promised I ordered in October. Sadly that's a near yearly problem for them. The dekalb 43-29 was planted early April 20th dry soil followed by 3.5" of rain and cold. 44-15 next to it looks good not perfect. Most all the 43-29 was replanted. The legend was planted April 30th. Dry near perfect conditions. Followed by perfect weather. The dekalb pic side by side proves it. Also the pioneer in the other side.

I just don't get how they let seed like this out. The dekalb sales guy was hinting 43-29 was old production. Which probably isn't good. Also other local have had issues with the 43-29 this year. They are still deliberating on how they're going to compensate us

Edited by minn gopher 6/12/2016 16:36

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (309KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (450KB - 112 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (368KB - 113 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (545KB - 108 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)