AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH 400 HD steiger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 6/10/2016 15:38 (#5347508 - in reply to #5347237)
Subject: RE: Case IH 400 HD steiger

We like ours. Had to replace couplers on the electro hydraulic selective control valves. They were somewhat pricey but the hoses kept popping out otherwise. I guess when they leak the pressurize the back side of the coupler which pops the hose out. If I understand it, one of them leaking causes the back side of other couplers ok the same stack of blocks to leak as well.

The 24V secondary starter solenoid that engages the primary starter solenoid failed in the on position causing the starter to run continuously. This ruined the starter but did not damage the flywheel much. We could not hear it in the cab. We were told rotating batteries regularly to make sure they were both charged properly could reduce the chances that low voltage would cause as much arcing while the solenoid was engaging and would have extended the life of the secondary starter solenoid.

The electrical system is a 12V alternator and most everything else but with a 24V DEF pump and a 24V starter. There is some module that charges the second battery and they say it keeps up but barely. That's why you need to rotate batteries occasionally.

The HID lights are much cheaper from Amazon than Case.

We had a temp sensor in the exhaust go out and a solenoid on the transmission.

We also lost several hoses unde the cab so make sure they aren't rubbing on anything or on each other. Not pleasant to repair.

They say to change the crankcase breather on the engine twice as often as the book says.

All in all a pretty decent tractor. I believe we are somewhere around 3,200 hours in ours now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)