AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7210 hydraulic overheating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 6/8/2016 06:22 (#5343468)
Subject: 7210 hydraulic overheating

SW Ohio
Put the 7210 on the 15' bushhog and after about an hour the hyd temp warning goes off, this is the only job it has done that sets off the warning, planter was not enough of a load to cause problem and it has not done any other pto jobs to know if it is pto related. When it gets hot, and you pull the fwd/rev lever back to neutral and go into fwd (no reverser on this tractor) it may take two minutes before it moves, only does this when hot. Temp gun confirms it is indeed hot. I have the tech manual on cd and it gives all the tests to run on everything but to follow the steps looks like it may take several days!! to run through them all in order and I need to borrow a flow meter. Anyone run into this before that could suggest where to start? I assume it is in the tranny and not the hyd system, could be the air pump or the pto clutches or other, just hoping to find it quicker. This tractor is new to us and we found a missing o-ring on the MFWD clutch pack soon after we got it, could be a similar problem that is causing the heat, and do not look forward to opening up the tranny...... but will if necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)