AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

was this a fair question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnk
Posted 5/27/2016 12:16 (#5323410)
Subject: was this a fair question??

ncia
I am a member of a petroleum coop. (lp and diesel) I'm very happy with this coop and they have given me great service. In dec of 2014 I prepaid for lp for corn drying the fall of 2015 for tax deduction purposes. Fall of 2015 and corn was very dry and used bout 20% of that purchase. LP dropped in price and my contract put my coop and me in a bad position . (as you would think) They are now willing to refund me most of my left over lp dollars . they have to take off some of the proceeds because they can't possibly come out selling my high priced contracted gallons. I understand all this and am grateful that they are willing to work with me.

My question to them was:This all sounds fine , but when the roles are reversed and I have unused gallons of prepaid lp and the price jumps, can I get a portion of the profit from selling my unused contracted gallons?? Manager said no as it is my option to take delivery, but I still think that would be fair. What do you think?? (I'm going to keep doing business with them and not raise a fuss as they have always treated me well, just my distorted view of retail)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)