AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

He has it made
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 5/27/2016 10:06 (#5323212 - in reply to #5322877)
Subject: RE: He has it made

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
The best Border Collies are raised by kids that have time to play and work cattle with them. The best one I ever had just accompanied me as I worked dairy cows and figured out what to do on his own. Cows were always in from the pasture ready to milk in the summer and he would get them from all the various sheds in the winter. Always gentle unless someone tried to pull something then look out! If one of the dry cows had freshened he would leave them alone and come look at me until I took care of them. The Neighbors cows frequently got in with ours and he would sort them out without being told. The only one I have ever had that wasn't scared of thunder or guns. He loved to go hunting for anything! I used to leave a gate open just so he had something to do. He'd watch from a hiding place and wait till one or two came out the gate and then forcefully get them in. A neighbors beef bull got in with the cows and charged me as I was trying to sort him out. The Dog probably saved my life. I lost him after a short seven years to cancer. I get tears just thinking about him. RIP Matt, If you're not in heaven with me it won't be heaven.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)