AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WT 360 newest forecast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 5/27/2016 08:07 (#5323030 - in reply to #5322989)
Subject: RE: WT 360 newest forecast

Buxton ND
For my area the 1988 drought started in the fall of 1987
2012's the fall 2011, fall of 11 was really a treat, worked all fall without getting anything full of mud/muck.
By the end of July 2012 for the first time since 1994 I could say my sump pumps had not run for a FULL YEAR, a first since 1994
Can't really call 2012 a drought tho, every guy, every crop, every price, best ever, I hope I live long enough to have another one like that ! ! ! ! !

At the worst of the "Monsoonal Years" early 2000's I hunted ducks and geese right in my neighborhood (we have no duck sloughs/ponds) Hunted Green-heads in standing corn with deep enough water they could swim and nibble on the ears. Got a limit + of Canadian's in standing wheat or what was left of it standing by October. That fall I could pump 1000 gallons of water out of my basement in 30 minutes. Did not dare leave for a weekend for fear you'd lose power or a sump pump and the generated was on stand by. This house has 1 sump pump since the 1940's now I have 4 and the basement only about 3.5 feet in the ground.

We've 5-6 inch's in a crack so many times its not even funny.
12 inch's in a week.
15 inch's in a month 2X, growing season X
15 inch's in 12 hours.
We've killed a few people because of washed out roads.
Really hope I never see this again in my life time, so I kinda like it alittle dry

As far as Captain Kirk,,, got a call yesterday, guy says "Kirk keeps screaming this drought and it keeps raining" ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)