AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WT 360 newest forecast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 5/27/2016 07:45 (#5322989 - in reply to #5322894)
Subject: RE: WT 360 newest forecast

SE IL
Wx doesn't seem different than any one of the previous springs. By that I mean that I have seen wx like this before. It's obviously not the norm but is within the range of what we've had before. It reminds me of 1995 although I believe we had heavier rains then. IIRC we got most of our crop planted and then it rained incessantly for 5 or 6 weeks then the spigot shut off. Or it could be 1983 when we were wet and cool for most of the spring and early summer then got hot and dry. Or it could be 2002 when we struggled to get the crop planted only to watch it burn up the rest of the summer. Or it could be like 2008 when it started raining about 3/4 through planting but we finally got it in and it continued to rain the rest of the summer and had a great crop. 2009 was pretty similar to 2008 except it continued to rain all fall. 2011 was the great flood down here. Didn't turn a wheel till mid may then it turned off nice long enough to get the crop planted. Rained the rest of the summer and had decent crops for late planting. Anyway, you get the idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)