AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what a day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cornerpost
Posted 5/25/2016 21:37 (#5320598 - in reply to #5320368)
Subject: RE: what a day

SE MN Still in Pothole Country
In about 2009 I had a real doozy of chest pain and sweating. Local ER fears heart attack and gives morphine and nitro and ships me to Mayo in Rochester in ambulance. Bunch of tests and the cardiologists say all is well. But my liver enzymes are out of wack! Come back in two weeks. Two weeks later enzymes are halfway back to normal. Another two weeks and they are normal. One year later some insect bites mean on back of neck and a big red area develops. Off to urgent care on a Saturday morning. The PA says antibiotics and blood test to check for Lymes. I ask them to run liver panel while they are at it. About 7:30 that night they call and urgently request my presence in ER because my enzyme levels are BAD. ER doctor in Owatonna does a sonogram and points to gallstones. Let's me go home after promising not to die and to see surgeon to schedule gall bladder removal. Monday I see local surgeon. He gets on computer with the mother ship in Rochester. Looks at image from my tests a year earlier and says there they are. Gallbladder looks like a sack of marbles. The heart doctors were locked in their silo and never bothered to tell me or noticed the gallstones. Goes to show you see or don't see what you are looking for. In hindsight I was having symptoms since I was in my 20's. Really torqued at having to pay an unneeded deductable. Do not be afraid to do a little Internet research and ask questions.

Edited by cornerpost 5/25/2016 21:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)