AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Checklist for moving a trailer house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

zfisher70
Posted 5/23/2016 20:54 (#5316864 - in reply to #5314310)
Subject: RE: Checklist for moving a trailer house

VA
This is the business I am in, you need to know a few things

1. Footers dig 18x24x whatever your frost depth is and pour them with concrete every 8 feet.

2. Buy the OTI anchor system and read the instructions super east installed in an hour maybe 2 Google it the company is tie down systems I believe

3. That house fully loaded down will weigh upwards of 25 to 30k pounds I would guess. Check tires before putting them under house and then after as well. It will be a lot of weight on that tractor

4. Be careful with Jacks, many men have died with those jacking up trailers, spend as little time under the house as possible when jacking up. It needs to be practically empty do not move it with furniture clothes etc the tongue will fold seen it happen

5. Use new blocks double stack them 8 inch block then 4s with 2 on top of 4s then wood on top with wedges. Make sure sure sure you use a water level they are not cheap but find one or it will feel like your walking sideways or down hill all time and you will have a ton of trouble wit squeaks weak spots in floor etc.

6. Be careful with the wiring they burn down all the time wiring is cheap in those houses check dryer vents etc.

7. Last and not least hire it donem guarantee 3500 you can have it moved and set back up. Guarantee 1000 tears and downs and delivers it then yiu can set it up just don't get hurt 3500 ain't worth it

(20150512_112858.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20150512_112858.jpg (142KB - 53 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)