AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

morning glory
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 5/23/2016 13:58 (#5316251 - in reply to #5315976)
Subject: RE: morning glory

Faunsdale, AL
Keno - 5/23/2016 09:17

We control it with glyphosate pre-seed but in just a few weeks we have it back again covering the chickpea plants.

Does any one knows how to control morning glory for lets say 5 months

No, not more than a couple months. We fight it all the time in corn. We can control it with atrazine and Callisto and other residual chemicals until the corn canopies and shades the ground. But when the corn is mature the sunlight starts to filter through and they start climbing the stalks. My best practice would be to go through with a high clearance sprayer as late as possible with drops on and use something like dicamba or 2,4-d. There is a new chemical out now labeled for that use, saw it mentioned on Owen Taylor's news bulletin a while back i think.

I haven't had much trouble with them in soybeans for some reason. I have been using PPO residuals like Valor for several years now. Before that we used Resource over the top of the soybeans but that was along with Roundup on roundup ready beans.

A healthy dose of Roundup or other glyphosate will still kill them here, but there is always more seed to sprout, not sure why they haven't been such a problem in soybeans on some of the same ground where we used to have corn so wrapped up we couldn't chop it for silage in July/August. Maybe the PPO's are really holding it back that long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)