AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PSA powerlines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

brudno
Posted 5/22/2016 13:10 (#5314540)
Subject: PSA powerlines

SC WI
This morning I had to put up a 7200 volt span that got ripped down by a tractor with a field cultivator on leaving his door yard, not anything that abnormal this time of year, but what does make it different is this would make the 2nd time in my service territory this year that a farmer has tore down primary wire and continued to go on with business as usual.

Im not sure if they thought it would fix itself or that they would get his with a charge, they were lucky to not burn up equipment or have some bystander come across it and get killed. I'm not sure how other companies or co-ops do things but I've never once had it cross my mind to bill a farmer to put wire back up if they tore it down on accident and fix the problem so there is no issues in the future. But these calls where I go out and they don't call in or play dumb about not knowing who did it, maybe they need to get bills sent. I've always gotten in contact with them and made them aware of how they were put there lives, the public and there operation at risk by doing nothing.

That's my rant its nothing to play with, the lowest wire on the pole is not always the neutral, I've never heard of a power company billing a farmer for coming out and raising clearance on primary lines, just because its laying on the ground doesn't mean its not still hot, just because its the neutral doesn't mean that it doesn't have the possibility to kill. Its nothing to play with.

Edited by brudno 5/22/2016 14:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)