AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Checklist for moving a trailer house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

runningbehind
Posted 5/22/2016 10:18 (#5314358 - in reply to #5314310)
Subject: RE: Checklist for moving a trailer house

NC ND
4430 will be a little small, moved a couple around the yard with a 4640 and it was well overmatched.

AC will have disconnects likely. My contractor removed them and said they leak and cause trouble.

It should have anchors screwed into the ground and metal straps. I just dug down and cut the anchors off under the dirt, could be from 18" to 36" long under the dirt.

If your ground is solid just use cement blocks, have some railroad ties if anyplace doesn't want to not settle. I left the tires on the first one I did, just jacked it a little higher. If good ground, level and spread a little rock free gravel, you will be crawling around on it a lot.

After you skirt it, take a piece of 12" flashing, hook it to the bottom of the skirting vertically, bend it out over the ground. Cover with a few inches of pea rock, rodents normally won't try to dig under from a distance, ask for pictures if needed.

Trailer house guys have a tool for spinning in anchors, would be easier to do before, maybe you could do them by hand if done before, stick a pipe through the hole and spin. Should need 4 probably. Get an air over hydraulic jack ready, will make your life so much easier. Google trailer house supplies and you can order anything you want, if you have a doorway you can't get to stay level, make a piece of pipe and ready rod to jack it up. Can supply pictures of that also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)