AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 7000 closing wheels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John 37A
Posted 5/21/2016 08:12 (#5312777)
Subject: Deere 7000 closing wheels

New Lexington, Ohio
I tried planting a little corn last night with my 7000 JD, but had a few issues before we could get rolling. On the first three rows, the closing wheels were shifted too far to the left. The right side closing wheel was actually riding in the seed trench, and obviously they weren't closing. The planter was fine last year. Other than rebuilding the meters this winter, the only thing we did was replace the bolts that attach the units to the frame. When we replaced those bolts, we took one out and put a new one in and tightened before moving to the next bolt. The next three rows are closing just fine. I'm thinking that has to be it, but the process was the same on all rows. Watching it rain before I have to attend graduation, then I'll go look it over, but thought I'd check with the experts first on ideas.

Also, I know this has been beat to death, but in clay loam ground in southeastern Ohio, what are some good all-around closing wheels? I am currently running one cast and one rubber per row. Thinking of maybe going to one cast and one spiked. Conventional tillage and some no-till.

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to add that nothing looks bent around the closing wheels.

Edited by John 37A 5/21/2016 08:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)