AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic certifier thread from below...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

XIX
Posted 5/19/2016 21:57 (#5310859 - in reply to #5310786)
Subject: RE: Organic certifier thread from below...

I'll jump in since Tomcat mentioned me. I don't agree with the manure rules one bit. I can pump from a confinement pit and spread on my organic crop ground and be completely within compliance with the NOP rules. Luckily, I have an abundance of organic egg farms close by, so we only use certified organic litter on our crops. I understand others are not this fortunate.

As far as superior or inferior, I know the vegetables from our garden and the meat in my freezer taste better than anything I've eaten from the store in a long time. I'd gladly pay a premium for taste and flavor. Is it better for me? I can show you studies that say yes and no. My personal opinion, I don't know, so why chance it? The government says gmos are safe, but they also said that about ddt, asbestos, lead paint, ect. We are erring on the side of caution. I have no bone to pick with regular ag, what you plant or spray is none of my business. I found a niche that allowed me to start farming from scratch and i'm gonna ride this train till it runs off the tracks.

And a bit on pricing. ...we only charge what the market will bear. My sweet corn might be a couple bucks more a dozen, but that 16oz bottle of water is $8 a gallon. So who's really screwing who?

And Tomcat, I think you're alright also.

Good night, I got a 6am date with a 6 row Kinze.

Edited by XIX 5/20/2016 21:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)