AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Last rays of the sun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 5/19/2016 07:06 (#5309586 - in reply to #5309448)
Subject: RE: Last rays of the sun

n.c.iowa

boone, it's been a love/hate deal.      for the most part it's really worked good, had some problems with bulk fill seals, was kinda annoying until I figured out the tricks there, and for whatever reason a certain company's soybeans was giving me fits, treated or untreated, couldn't get them to the row units fast enough, had to plant that field at (gasp!!!) 5.5 mph.     but in corn it worked well, ran at 6.5-7mph, and that combo purred along real nice at those speeds.   
the only other aggravation, well two of them actually,   keeping it out of the fence or ditch was kinda a struggle, and the other was the blessing I was giving the engineer, or bean counter that decided that single wire hydraulic hose was good enough for a nearly 30,000 lb machine, got the really fun opportunity to replace all the marker hoses and a couple others.   170 ft of 3/8'' hose and 75 gallons of hydraulic oil later we're all good.

thorfarms, the versy has treated us pretty good, I would say that some things aren't quite as refined as a deere or cih.     but it's kinda minor stuff, but they know about them and have been trying to bring them up to snuff.
have had a couple of serious things happen, that could have went badly, but thank god for good operators, and a good dealership, they are a mom and pop and sons outfit that does the best they can, and sometimes they might even break a rule or two.

mike what can I say???  not everybody I farm with believes in the better to be froze twice in the spring, than once in the fall rule.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)