AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Killing alfalfa/clover in soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SkiDoojunky
Posted 5/18/2016 20:44 (#5309082)
Subject: Killing alfalfa/clover in soybeans

So I am sailing in some uncharted waters here......

Story goes as such......I purchased a farm that was going on its third year to become certified organic. I had no desire to leave it that way and decided to plant it to soybeans. During an abnormally nice warm spell in March I went in and tried to burn it down with a gly/2-4-d/dicamba mix, I got a 90% kill. Waited till early April and hit it with a VT twice. Waited a few more weeks and applied an authority assist, sharpen, gly burndown and smoked the rest of the clover/alfalfa......or so I thought.... The beans were planted following the burndown and a week or two later more alfalfa/clover started to emerge. There is probably a 5% stand of it left after multiple attempts to kill it and it is more of an eye sore than anything but I want it gone.

Prior to going to organic this farm has a moderate amount of water hemp pressure and some of it was beginning to become glyphosate tolerant. For that reason I would like to save my flexstar ppo card to play with a later post trip with roundup. The beans are now 1st-2nd trifoliate and the weather looks good to spray them next week. My thought was that I really need a ppo to try to pick up the alfalfa/clover that is left and I am considering trying a 1.5-2x rate of a glyphosate with Cadet at .7oz......thoughts anyone?

Any better compounds/ai's that I am missing??

Surely someone has experience with this!

Thanks, junkman

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)