AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Mother Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HeyhayJCM
Posted 5/18/2016 13:40 (#5308569 - in reply to #5308490)
Subject: RE: Update for the kool-aid crowd

central ohio..between Springville and Millbrook.
I can see your point ...at least about the arrogance...but I have to disagree about organics hurting yields or damaging our food supply.

I admit know NOTHING about the south and cotton production.

Maybe it's a "here" thing , but in my area the organic dairies started moving in about a decade ago. In a few years time they can take a barren monoculture of corn or beans with washouts deep enough to drive a schoolbus through it, put it back into strips and contours, introduce a rotation of corn, Alfalfa and oats, introduce livestock and thus manure back onto the farm....and in a few years time increase yields, reduce erosion and increase income . The terrible weed problems went away and the countryside turned green again. These folks can make a living for a 6 or 10 person family on 150 acres no problem. They can cash flow land at time of purchase. I'm not against conventional farming...I am a conventional farmer myself.

But as you say...we don't raise cotton and we don't have flat fields.

I guess I can see it both ways.

My sister owns a chain of "locally grown" restaurants and although the food tastes good...it IS crazy to sit there and listen to how ignorant some of the foodies are!

Edited by HeyhayJCM 5/18/2016 14:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)