AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How often do you visit your kids at college?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oilfarmer
Posted 5/16/2016 08:04 (#5304346 - in reply to #5304219)
Subject: RE: How often do you visit your kids at college?

Ravenna Ohio

Drilldo - 5/16/2016 07:59 When I was a freshman living in the dorms I drove the two hours home most weekends. I didn't like being stuck in the dorms. I wanted to go home and work on things out in dads shop or go shooting or whatever. After that when I moved out of the dorms and had my own place I rarely went home anymore because I had my own things to do. My dad traveled through my college town about once a month for work and we usually tried to meet up once a month. I got married and never left my college town. Been here over 20 years now. My oldest son will be headed off to college in a few years. My wife wants him to go to school here so he is close by. It is a good school and my alma matter so part of me wants him to but the other part of me thinks it would best for him to go to school somewhere not local.

I encouraged both of my boys to follow their own path. I don't believe they owe me just because I chose to farm. We wanted them to attend away from home for their independence development.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)