AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell Me what is a Hydraulic Motor 'Motor Drain Port'?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ridge Valley Cropper
Posted 5/15/2016 20:33 (#5303683 - in reply to #5302883)
Subject: RE: Tell Me what is a Hydraulic Motor 'Motor Drain Port'?

SCWisconsin
Wow, Thank you very much ALL for the feedback. It never ceases to amaze me how much intellect and experience is out in Farm Land.

Specifically; thanks Wcohken for bringing up cavitation. I didn't think of that. I'll try going into float and see how that works. Not sure if planter will lift, but I'll find out.

Also UNL1984; good to know what your experience / knowledge is regarding normal /acceptable return line back pressure. (You state 200- 300 PSI). With two vac fans running, and the CCS Blower running my system back pressure is 130 PSI on my 275 Magnum. (checked with two different gauges). I was worried about that so stuck a gauge yesterday on the return line at the CCS Motor location. Now I know I am in good shape.

I worked years in industry and learned a lot about hydraulics, (1980's & 90's), as years passed, electric servos took over and and my hydraulic experiences became fewer and farther between. Cavitation will tear up a system longevity big time, I do recall. I'll go with what I have this season, but will study my setup closer for the long term. I gotta get the beans in.

Lastly, the case drain & motor drain will go to my zero / low back pressure port. My 275 does not have case or motor return / Power Beyond ports. (Of course they all have Motor Lock features at the cab hand control however). My Case IH guy showed me where to drill a hole in remote top plate for an inexpensive case drain without purchasing the expensive kit. So I got that done this afternoon.

Since you guys are so smart regarding hydraulics, I have one more question regarding my JD 1780 Planter seed gear ratios. I'll write a separate post.

Thanks again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)