AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business/ secondary income ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

nick121
Posted 5/14/2016 14:52 (#5301420)
Subject: Business/ secondary income ideas

ontario
some of you might have read my other posts but I am getting into farming slowly without any family background in the business. I am 17 and still in high school my marks are not the best but I try my best anyways but school just is not my thing. I know It will be hard to grow my farming operation bigger without another source of income. I have worked for other farms doing alot of manual labour but not anymore because I am focusing on school and my own farming now. I am not sure about college yet because of the cost of it but my parents will help out with that. I realize these days college is pretty much required to get a decent paying job. My dad used to run a welding business and I am like welding too so that might be a good idea. I have bought and sold some small farm equipment the past few years and I really like the buying and selling aspect of it. I am just looking for some ideas to start my own business.

I would have to see how much of a demand there is for a welding shop in my area but that would be something i am interested in and it would provide cash flow throughout the year. I could also do the buying and selling at the same time as the welding. My dad wants me to start a small business after high school and still go to collage as a backup plan. My own business would also allow me flexible hours to get my farming done on time. Sorry for the mixed up thoughts but I have a hard time putting them into words.
Just looking to see what others who were in my position did?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)