AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another nuke plant shutting down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 5/13/2016 07:19 (#5298674 - in reply to #5298526)
Subject: RE: Another nuke plant shutting down

North Central Illinois
There is a smidgen of truth to what you say but it is largely incorrect. I know it is fashionable to hate wind power on this site and to tell the truth I'm not sold on it either. What is dooming the coal fired plants is Obama, the EPA, and cheap and plentiful natural gas. Cheap natural gas is causing coal fired plants to be shuttered or converted to gas. This is all well and good until there is an issue down the road with natural gas supplies or whatever. It just feels like we have really shot ourselves in the foot by phasing out coal and nuclear powered plants. I shutter to think of how expensive electricity would have been or how unreliable supply would have been over the last 40 years without nuclear power. I like the idea of wind and solar if they can ever get it efficient enough to come close to standing on it's own. You have to believe that with technology always advancing that they will one day come up with a way that wind and solar really works on a large scale. We had better hope so because coal and nuke plants are going to be dropping like flies over the next decade.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)