AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minor damage to car while getting it unlocked.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/12/2016 16:04 (#5297578 - in reply to #5297293)
Subject: RE: Minor damage to car while getting it unlocked.

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

It won't do any good to call OnStar if you are not already a subscriber. Similar thing happened to my wife and me a few weeks ago in our 06 DTS. We happened to be at a Love's gas station when it happened. Went inside to ask about calling someone (we don't have AAA either) and the clerk told me that they sold kits for that purpose. I bought the kit for about $17 and opened the door on the second try. Took less than 2 minutes start to finish.

Looks to me like he went in through the wrong direction. My kit came with a couple of plastic wedges. I used one to create a gap between the window and the door frame. Then used the slim jim to unlock the door. Worked slicker than owl grease with no damage to the car. I have used a coat hanger before on older cars and that looks like what your guy did.

The kit I bought was very similar to this one http://www.stun-ningsales.com/spystore/spystoreimages/lockpick/lock... and it worked like a charm on our car.

Edit to add. Locked the keys in my pickup once. My fault. Wanted to leave it running because I was just going to run to the door and hand something to the person who lived there. Hit the door lock button out of habit. Had to get a ride all the way across town to get my wife's set to unlock the door. Went straight to the hardware store and had a spare key made that I have kept in my wallet ever since then. That was about 10 years ago and I've only had to use it once since then.

Edited by clevepreach 5/12/2016 16:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)