AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minor damage to car while getting it unlocked.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 5/12/2016 15:20 (#5297524 - in reply to #5297293)
Subject: RE: Minor damage to car while getting it unlocked.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Thanks for the comments guys. I went ahead and called AAA back with the complaint and they said to talk to the company that did the damage first and if I couldn't get it resolved to call them back. I just did that and they told me to take it to my local body shop and send them the bill. No argument or anything, very civil about it and did apologized for it which is good. I wasn't upset nor was he when we were talking. Wife should be happy now :-).

To answer some of the answer to some of the questions above a small air bag was used WITH a screwdriver.

The car came with free OnStar for whatever the time length was but it expired and I never bothered to renew it. I did get a letter back in January I think it was saying I could get something basic for free for I think 3 years. So I called OnStar while in the car and was with them for close to an hour and they couldn't get it to connect. It had something to do with they gave my old OnStar number to someone else while mine was expired and they were trying to get me a new number. They were supposed to call me back the next day but they never did. I just threw the letter away a couple of weeks later because I figured they must not of wanted my business bad enough. That'a why I'm a little fuzzing on the details what was included for the free timeframe. After this I think I'm going to try again to hook it up.

As far as leaving my keys in the ignition all the time I was told by my local Buick dealer to take them out when not in use. The last time the car locked itself the keys were in the ignition. So now I don't know what to think.

My wife told me this morning she went to somewhere in the car owners manual and disabled the auto-lock feature the last time this happened. I wasn't aware she did that and surprised me because she never does stuff like that :-). She's gone with the car all day today but I'm going to recheck that feature when gets home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)