AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cell phone in a commercial vehicle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 5/12/2016 13:23 (#5297376 - in reply to #5296373)
Subject: RE: Cell phone in a commercial vehicle

South Western Ontario, Canada
IADAVE - 5/11/2016 23:43

I guess I just think it is wrong for the truckers to be singled out. An accident from a car hitting something is as likely to be fatal as a semi. If you make a rule make it for all vehicles. Since the commercial driver drives more miles the rules are already more strict for him. IE, If I am allowed 1 ticket per year that is one ticket per 100,000 or more miles where for most car drivers that is one ticket per 20,000 miles.

I listen to satellite radio and few of the "road dog trucking" channel programs. IF MY MEMORY serves me correct (it somedays fails me) the reason the "law" only targets the trucking industry is the FMCSA (think that's the right one) only has "authority" over commerce. IE trucking industry. They can't implement anything on the motorists.

Now that being said......I think everyone should have the same fines for same offense.

As for the cops having special "privileges" we have gotten after the three friends that are officers. They are allowed because they are "trained professional drivers". They HATE IT when I mention that MOST truck drivers have more training AND way more miles per year then they ever drive in their lifetime. When that doesn't shut them up......I just remind them that EACH OF THEM have more instances of bad driving (not accidents as they were all BAD driving decisions) then everyone else! None while responding to a call either!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)