AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New style buddy seat (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 5/12/2016 05:59 (#5296543 - in reply to #5296267)
Subject: RE: New style buddy seat (pic)

Bremen, KS
A lot of this would veer off into a theological discussion that I'm not qualified to participate in. I do wonder, though, that like the pharisees with their laws and customs that they are veering away from the true teaching of scripture and into territory termed works righteousness. Hopefully, I am mistaken.

As far as their eschewing technology goes. Technology is neither good or evil, it just is. It is how we use technology that matters. Do we use it to benefit or harm our neighbor? I regard the human ability to invent, develop and refine technology to be a gift from God and it is how we use that gift that matters, not the gift itself.

From the outside looking in it seems as though the Amish practices are arbitrary and somewhat obtuse. It seems a form of self flagellation in the pursuit of righteousness which I believe is contrary to the teaching of the New Testament of the Bible. I wonder why, then, they allowed themselves to adopt any technology that existed after the time of Christ? Just pulling modern tech with horses doesn't make it any less modern (reference the picture below of the horse drawn round baler).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)