AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"F" Series Farmall Tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SCHEMER
Posted 5/11/2016 11:31 (#5294963)
Subject: "F" Series Farmall Tractors

My family inherited my grandfathers "F" series Farmall tractors. There are about 10 tractors total. F-20's, F-12's, and F-14's. My grandpa tinkered with these tractors a lot in the late 90's. He enjoyed driving these tractors in local parades. He wire brush, sanded, and rattle can painted them on the farm. By no means were these restored to show quality but are all solid complete quality tractors. They were all operable and ran at that time. I've been turning the engines over once or twice a year and squirting oil in the spark plug holes annually. All tractors are stored indoors. The biggest issue is many of the tires aren't in very good condition. Early on some of the tires that went flat, we blocked the tractor up to keep from damaging the tires more. Some did not. Many of them are 36" tires which weren't very popular.

We would like to now sell these tractors. I'd like to see someone who appreciates them and has time to tinker with them like my grandfather did.

Not sure how to go about this. Is it worth spending a little time on each one and getting them operable again or is it better to just sell them as is? I've had good luck selling on craigslist or here in the classifieds on ag talk. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)