AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorghum Sudan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nolan71
Posted 5/11/2016 09:31 (#5294749)
Subject: Sorghum Sudan

SE NE
I have seen it discussed on here, but just wanted people opinions on it for chopping and how to go about it.

Wih the late harvest and constant rains all last fall I did not get any triticale seeded. I have a piece of ground that I am leaving and trying to decide what to plant for something to chop in the summer. The guy I buy seed from has some sorgum Sudan he wants to sell cheap. It would be 100 acres close to the farm, my plan is to spread manure work it in and plant direct into it hopefully in the next 10-15 days if it quits raining and I can gets beans planted and manure spread. He told me nitrates may be a problem so don't get carried away on N.

He says not to chop it and just graze it, but I don't need the extra grazing I need silage to get calves started on in early fall. So will Sorgum Sudan work for me or should I look at other options?

The way this spring is going it will most likely get annihilated by hail, blown away by a tornado, or drowned out by rain. So much for a drought this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)