AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agbot challenge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmergreg
Posted 5/10/2016 20:54 (#5293712 - in reply to #5291794)
Subject: RE: Agbot challenge

EC Illinois / WC Indiana

I went down Friday. There were FFA and school groups there for the EXPO day. About 1000 people went thru.  JD, AGCO, Climate, Precision Planting, Kinze, Purdue ag and a few other sponsors were set up with displays. 

4 Interesting approaches to the concept of an agbot planter showed up. 2 unique ground up built vehicles. 2 Tractor based. The 2 unique ones were being worked on and didn't do any field runs. The 2 tractor based ones did trial and programming runs on friday. 

I didn't go to the actual field trial on Saturday. Both of the unique ones didn't participate. Regina took first place with a Small Kubota tractor and South Newton FFA/ Purdue got 2nd place. They split the third place between the other two. 

Regina was able to do their turns, but couldn't make the 1/2 mile runs due to radio range issue. And not for certain if they planted any seed. They made their own steering system.

SN/Purdue was the best planter as it actually planted seed (multi-hybrid) but couldn't execute its turns.  

(PS: I'm Biased as my son was on the SN/Purdue team!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)