AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fertilizing milo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

versatile875
Posted 5/8/2016 22:25 (#5289481 - in reply to #5289439)
Subject: RE: fertilizing milo

Western OK
i'm kind of in the same boat, this is what i did-
10gal 28 as a carrier for my burn down towards the end of march- 10gal 28, 22oz powermax, 8oz lv6, 1qt atrazine. Then when we drilled we put 3.5gal 28 and 3.5gal 10-34 with the drill. then right behind the drill i used 7gal 28 as a carrier again- 7gal 28, 30oz powermax, 1pt atrazine, 1pt generic dual magnum.

i know that if it rains good this summer we will be short on N probably, but if it doesn't, like usual, that will probably be more than enough. i've been thinking of trying to attach like 4-5ft of rubber hose on each nozzle bodies to topdress the milo latter on if we get that weird wet cool summer, my thinking is that if i can drag the hoses on the ground diagnal across the way we drilled on 20in centers it might be even enough and not get any leaf scorch. ive heard of guys spinning on urea with a cart and tractor in season, but a cart only spreads 40-45ft and my booms on the sprayer are 90. plus if i buy liquid by the semi loads i can get the N just as cheap liquid as i could with the dry out of the local elevator

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)