AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for those raising grassfed beef
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 5/7/2016 15:04 (#5287453 - in reply to #5286664)
Subject: RE: Question for those raising grassfed beef

KY

Not going to be a whole lot help probably, but speaking from a realistic small-timer perspective and not one who moves several thousand a year..  if you don't have a facility, if you have plenty of round bales available, you can form up a makeshift corral with them if you butt them up tight to each other, leaving a space for a "gate" out of whatever you can use.  Not perfect but it will work for the purpose of getting them penned up for a short time, like loading on a trailer.  I'm not a fan of them, just due to short life span if used without shelter, but you can usually find decent corral panels on craigslist or local auctions for about half price of new.  Got to do something as soon as you can swing it, but it doesn't have to be show quality nor impress the neighbors to get started.  You'll find out for every knothead that feels obligated to impart their "wisdom" on here, there are 20 or 30 great folks that understand working on a budget (no matter the scale of operation or budget) and are truly interested in helping and interested in how different scale operations work from different areas, and are just all around good guys (and a few good gals!).  You learn real quick who the "repeat offenders" of mouth overload are.  I generally read their comments, mumble some words under my breath and take the high road.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)