AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Following Up On Fired Cartoonist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 5/6/2016 12:18 (#5285926 - in reply to #5285833)
Subject: RE: Following Up On Fired Cartoonist

Bremen, KS
I agree with much you wrote, though I think your second paragraph is a bit naive.

In many ways corporatism does not use the free enterprise system at its very best but instead uses that as a vernier over the reality. Corporatism is big government's twin. They're the same side of each coin. Many of us think that the corporations would naturally be on our side when it comes to various regulations. Nothing could be further from the truth and the fact that at best they don't fight such regulation and at worst will often push behind the scenes for such regulation tells us all you need to know. As for being the best and brightest, I don't buy that. Corporations are every bit as political and bureaucratic as the worst government agency. The people that rise to the level of upper management and CEO are politicians that navigated the bureaucracy effectively. A handful are actually decent businessmen that would fail miserably trying to run a farm.

As I noted in the thread earlier in the week, unlike a farmer or most small business owners upper management does not have al or even the majority of their personal wealth tied up in the company they ostensibly run.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)