AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the Deere dealer consolidation post from below...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

frmerndel
Posted 5/1/2016 20:54 (#5276741 - in reply to #5275631)
Subject: RE: From the Deere dealer consolidation post from below...

The other spin on all of this is that I know several "BTO's" that don't do business with the local dealer at all. They basically buy direct through a regional rep/director etc which I think is b.s. one of the local dealers ends up setting the equip up still. Pisses the sales guys off big time..... Deerman your spot on for sure with the other. I'm watching another merger of dealerships in the area yet again unfold...... Went from 10 independents years ago to "one" under a new name and umbrella..... And now a 30 branch dealership is about to buy them out...... I ask myself at the end of the day... does it really really make things better for the company... ? Really? To me and many others it has basically destroyed the "loyalty " which took generations upon generations to build. Such as MP blog on Scott machinery and it's 101st anniversary. I would make a big bet that that family has given a whole lot back to that community in the last 101 years I bet "Big T" hasnt..... All the places I have traveled across this great country and the dealerships I have stopped in/done business with especially the 3rd, 4th etc generation dealerships it's very evident they are part of the fabric of the community. Even as a passer-by.... you can see it. Unfortunately it's all a change in how business is done in this country.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)