AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

track skid steer advice please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 4/22/2016 04:18 (#5257223 - in reply to #5256824)
Subject: RE: track skid steer advice please

ecmn
When we did finish work with skid steers we were within a couple hundredths of a foot or basically a quarter inch tolerance and you have inspectors checking that work. In that situation we always had good luck with the cat machines. Bobcats treated us well in this situation also. A good operator could get any machine to do it but at the end of the day some of them other machines work quite as comfy or a smooth operator and you felt it on your body,

Bobcat makes nice machines but we had a lot of reliability issues with the older T series. In one week we have 3 brand new t machines breakdown. 1 blouin oil hose no one has the computer glitch where would lock up and throw you into park while you're traveling and the third one also spraying some type of oil leak. But overall they were nice machines I would not have any problems finding a used one and use it for the farm.

Caterpillar set the standards with their pilot controls and the durability of their machines are they the winner of each class on every little task? No. But if you buy a cat machine you know you've got dealer service dependability and a comfortable machine that's easy to control. Little 247 B's we're like a little bumblebee just running around the job site be a great little skid-steer for the farm they're light they're not the most powerful machine but for General Farm use of fashion round bales and moving a little bit give me a fantastic machine.

Deer machines are good machines with some nice features the kubota's seem like a decent machine easy to operate.
Get Highway heavy work when you're slamming trouble all day bouncing over curbs and chunks of concrete basicly beating the machine to death. the case machines are slopped out within a couple thousand hours. The cats doing the same work at three times the hours are still an nice machine to operate you've might have put some bucket pins in them but for the most part there's still a solid machine.

If I had a free stall Dairy I would be using garden tractors instead of skid steers lot cheaper purchase prices easier on and off maybe a little more comfortable I see a lot of bonuses to use a little garden tractors instead of skid steers for the dairy 4 loder specific work I would be looking at small payloaders are telehandlers. I think a telehandler around the farm would be a fantastic machine. You could really stack hay with it move pallets have some sort of higher shelving and stuff like that for Commodities storage help with other repairs on equipment like grain bins whatever you needed to do. It would be a fantastic machine for loading feed wagons or mixtures because they can lift as high as you need to.

Edited by easymoney 4/22/2016 04:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)