AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

track skid steer advice please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dmax08
Posted 4/22/2016 04:11 (#5257222 - in reply to #5256824)
Subject: RE: track skid steer advice please

srsu99 - 4/21/2016 21:05

One of the old cat skinners that worked with us in our excavating company said "inexperienced operators have to back drag " I always got a kick out of that guys antics. You Tac guys seem to be like the green undie guys when it comes time ssl's . We are mostly cat here btw. QUOTE]dmax08 - 4/21/2016 16:51

bleedred - 4/21/2016 17:24

I know what you are talking about with that front axle torsion bar. This is our first tracked loader so other than a few hours in a Deere tracked machine we have little to compare it too.

Maybe I just got used to it lol!

But I laser graded with it for our shop and the concrete guys said it was perfect.

When you grade do you raise and lower the boom or tip the bucket? I leave the boom arms all the way down and just tip the bucket to cut grade.

I can see it working better with a laser grader. I normally just use the tilt, but the Tak is a little different. You have to pick it up about 2" cuz the bucket goes lower than the tracks. Some people don't like it but I do cuz I can backdrag better that way.

So leveling in forward AND reverse shows inexperience? Why wouldnt you want to be more efficient? Or why wouldnt you like to be able to go up to a footer and pull dirt? Tons of reasons being able to backdrag is nice.

As far as Tak guys being like Deere guys.....there are a lot of things that a lot of us really hate about the Tak, but as far as straight performance, the rest is a trade off we are willing to make I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)