AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pennicilin G dosage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 4/9/2016 12:53 (#5232193 - in reply to #5231905)
Subject: RE: Pennicilin G dosage

western iowa,by Denison
JDSWMO - 4/9/2016 09:45

garvo - 4/9/2016 08:00

One thing good about a vet that comes out-he can pull drugs out of his truck that only he is licensed to carry and administer

What are these magical drugs Gary???

Some stuff does require a script from a vet, but they don't have anything the common man can't get.

Having a working relationship with a good vet is important, but in the world of $600 calves adding a $50-75 dollar vet bill for something as simple as a wire around a leg is an unnecessary expense.

Another thing I've never seen is a vet that has time to stand around bs ing for 45 minutes.

I guess I'm fortunate Jim that I have a great vet-that takes the time to help and spends time to educate-and gather's thing's from are operation to help other producer's also-it's a give and take street-so a average trip for myself to Carroll Iowa or Denison Iowa-takes myself 20 minutes going one way,20 minutes going the other way to pick up drugs and probably shoot 1 hour away-my truck and mileage and time would easily add $20 hour-my vet charges $50 vet stop-he drove basicly 40minutes -to and back-usually carry's anything and everything in his truck-I would say he is not charging enough-I think the original poster was very concerned about his calf-I would think if he still question's himself it's alright to ask his local vet questions-I don't know everything-can just relate what I did with the lame calf I had. There's no majicly drugs-but having that knowledge of what you can and cant use and pass experience trumps anything else!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)