AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need NAT opinions on our road to contract growing grain........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maizeing
Posted 4/2/2016 08:16 (#5216167 - in reply to #5214509)
Subject: RE: Need NAT opinions on our road to contract growing grain........

Ontario's middle east
I fear you may indeed be correct White, not sure of the time frame on that. The length and severity of this down turn will effect that. We see some of that here with one major fertilizer player having a large origination deal with an eplant captivating a big chunk of a grain market. Fortunately thus far, they have to learn a little about the grain biz to effect what I'm doing.... But things can and do change. We saw Deere and Hagie this week, the consolidation beat goes on. Interesting to think about what this looks like in 20 years when, at least it won't be my problem any more. I think you have a very valid point about supporting the little man who acts as an accumulator in the system. We always have a forward cash bid when some times the big guys want basis only. It is still our job to try to evolve and stay relevant. That is easier said then done in some markets. There are some e plants that want the elevators gone because they see them as competition. Some that will actually call producers and offer them a push direct but won't pay that push to the elevator. Now I get it that farmers think that is great in the short term but you get it, that it is not going to be good in the long run.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)