AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White/Oliver Steering Cylinder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FamousLee
Posted 3/29/2016 22:43 (#5208701)
Subject: White/Oliver Steering Cylinder

Ossian, IN
I finally had the front end of my White 2-155 jacked up last week while changing front tires. The steering has been getting worse it seems. I determined that the steering link is bad and allowing the cylinder to twist when turning wheels. I started to tear down the front end on Sunday. Do I need to completely remove the cylinder to replace the link? Please tell me I don't have to drop the front axle out either. The link is bad on the end that mounts to the cylinder too. I don't see any cracks and obviously can't see that portion of the link yet, but I'm going to say it's the link that is bad, not a broken tab off the cylinder.

I need to get the fan off the water pump and allow more room along with the hydraulic fluid cooler in front of radiator, try to get the cylinder cap off and the raise it up...possibly have to remove the harmonic balancer to allow room.

Time is against me and I'm this close with tear down that I don't want to have to put it back together as is, just to have to strip it back down during the summer. If only we had a heated shop with a concrete floor, this could have been a project over the past winter. But don't worry, our 2-135 is doing the same thing with the cylinder twisting when turning the steering wheel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)