AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why to like about kinze planters????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deere6
Posted 3/20/2016 16:47 (#5188927 - in reply to #5187933)
Subject: RE: Why to like about kinze planters????

We have a 3600 ASD planter and also a 7200 Deere but I am very familiar with the 1790 and for age vs age comparison I'll compare the 1790 to the 3600 ASD.
Deere's air delivery system works much better imo, bigger hoses equal less likely to plug, also air shuts off on ends when planter is raised which does help some if you have tractor with marginal hydraulics but Kinze advantage is it takes much less tractor weight wise and hydraulic wise.
Kinze transmission seems easier to access and change.
Down pressure on Kinze takes forever to change 2 pins on each row compared to air bags (or even one knob on our old 7200)
Deere's folding system seems stronger and more stable but the Kinze raise and turn does make it nice to work on, and that's a big plus.
Many monitoring options for both inlcuding PP so that to me is a non issue.
I really like the cable drives on the 1790 less maintenance, less problems way outlast chains.
The tires running over the split rows for beans if you are on 15" rows can be a big deal in moist conditions, poor design imo but mostly does not cause major problems.
Deere's center fill hoppers are much easier to fill because of location of hole in top.

Overall I think they are both good planters Kinze is simplier but always gets the job done, Deere has lots of advantages too just personal preference overall I think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)