AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Optimistic Iowa hog guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 3/19/2016 22:40 (#5187376 - in reply to #5187335)
Subject: RE: Optimistic Iowa hog guys

n.c.iowa

i'd agree with your assessment of past experiences kookier.  and we've done pretty good dodging the freight train in cattle and hogs in the last few years, not really a big fan of giving that all back.  also the shine and excitement of sticking my neck out on a few thousand head of hogs, that are backwards on purchase, waiting for the market to come to me. has worn off.

like you mentioned the only real big surprise in the pig supply world was the advent of ped, and too a lesser extent circo, with alittle prrs always kinda causing some regional issues.

these things I do know for facts, a local integrator we work with, has/will drop approx. 20,000 pig spaces locally. a variety a reasons has been given but lack of pigs is always mentioned.

another local concern with huge finishing capacity is running at the same fill levels that they were during the ped outbreak, approx. 60-75% capacity. 

maybe some of our Canadian brethren would like to send some retained ownership pigs down, gonna have room for about 6000 head in august......

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)