AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Full face masks with ammonia filters are AMAZING for NH3 application!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Buckeye biker
Posted 3/19/2016 21:29 (#5187212 - in reply to #5186397)
Subject: RE: Full face masks with ammonia filters are AMAZING for NH3 application!

West Central Ohio
I started applying AA st 16. Always wore safety gear; gloves, goggles and carried water. In fact had both hyd. and rope activated valve, tall flag on bar to be aware of wind direction.

After 40 years, without and major problems while swapping tanks , I swung hose around. I know the valve did hit anything, A large gas bubble escaped. Unfortunately,i did nut folloe one safety suggestion: long sleeves. Burnt my arm from the glove top to tee shirt sleeve. Dues not sound like much but I will tell you I can not remember anything hurting more. Went to hospital whet thru did nut know howe to treat. Ended up in shower.

I wad back to work he same day, recovered in a week. To this day, I fail to understand what I did wrong to cause the had escape. I was glad I had goggles and gloves with water close. I do wish I had long sleeves. Then it would be another close call but a non event.

When handing AA follow ALL safety rules. It is dangerous and very, very unforgiving.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)